Recently added resources
- Healthy Congregations Retreat Example from Christ Community Church, Maple Grove, MN.
- Pastor Jenny Moran submitted this retreat format that they used to engage their congregation in conversation about the characteristics of healthy congregations in their context. Feel free to us the format or ideas from it in your congregations as you work toward greater health.
- Healthy Congregations Website Workbook Final with Pictures
Worship: Online Resources
- Rethink Worship Website
- From Rethink Webmaster: “In my experience, seeing or reading about what other churches do Sunday mornings often inspires me and helps me come up with ideas while planning for Sunday mornings. I hope this site can help point you to some fresh resources, inspire creativity and maybe save you some time. Stay posted to this site as I will add more pages, posts, and thoughts as I go.”
- Creative Prayer Ideas for Worship and Retreats
- This site presents a compilation of prayer stations and interactive prayers that can be used for worship and in the contexts of congregational retreats.
- “The Hardest Question” Preaching resource
- Produced by Spark House with Revised Common Lectionary commentary for preaching.
Leadership: Video Resources:TED Talks
- Drew Dudley: Every day Leadership on TED
- We have all changed someone’s life — usually without even realizing it. In this funny talk, Drew Dudley calls on all of us to celebrate leadership as the everyday act of improving each other’s lives. (Filmed at TEDxToronto.) (reposted from ted.com)
Community: Video Resources: TED talks
- Ernesto Sirolli: Want to help someone? Shut up and listen!
- When most well-intentioned aid workers hear of a problem they think they can fix, they go to work. This, Ernesto Sirolli suggests, is naïve. In this funny and impassioned talk, he proposes that the first step is to listen to the people you’re trying to help, and tap into their own entrepreneurial spirit. His advice on what works will help any entrepreneur. (reposted from ted.com)
spiritual Formation: Online Resource
- Lectio Divina with Todd Spencer
- “You are invited to join me in praying with one of the weekly lectionary texts on my Lectio Divina Podcast page (http://lectiodivinatodd.wordpress.com/)…“Lectio Divina” is Latin for “holy reading” or “divine reading.” It is an ancient Christian spiritual practice that allows a person or a group to pray with a brief scripture text. “(re-posted from website)