These articles offer insight into developing healthy characteristics, building capacity for growth, and inspiration.
- “Praying with Art – Visio Divina”
- by Tim Mooney
- (link to article)
- “Elements of Discipleship”
- by Jeffrey D. Jones
- (link to article)
Helpful Websites and Documents
- Daily Prayers for Moravians
- “These prayers are meant to be prayed either in community or in solitude. If done with a group this can be read as a responsive prayer with a leader reading the regular print and the rest of the group reading the bolded print. These prayers are posted at the beginning of each week and are based on the Watchword for the Week as found in the Moravian Daily Texts.” Prayers and Blog compiled by the Rt. Rev. Chris Giesler
- Lectio Divina Online with Todd Spencer
- “You are invited to join me in praying with one of the weekly lectionary texts on my Lectio Divina Podcast page (http://lectiodivinatodd.wordpress.com/)…“Lectio Divina” is Latin for “holy reading” or “divine reading.” It is an ancient Christian spiritual practice that allows a person or a group to pray with a brief scripture text. “(re-posted from website)
- Pray as you go: Daily Online Devotions
- This is a resource produced by a Catholic order of Jesuits in the UK. They are 10-15 minute devotions with scripture, music and questions for reflection each day. It is available online or in podcast form.
- Spiritual Directors International website
You might find some good information here about the practice of spiritual direction and it’s a good site for those searching for spiritual directors.
- Godly Play Foundation Website
- Godly Play is based upon the recognition that children have an innate sense of the presence of God. All they lack is the appropriate language to help them identify and express it so it can be explored and strengthened. The Godly Play approach teaches classical Christian language in a way that enhances the child’s authentic experience of God so it can contribute to the creative life of the child and the world. (reposted from www.godlyplayfoundation.org)
- My Utmost for His Highest
- A classic devotional guide from Oswald Chambers in an online version with other resources linked.